This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Post Post #24943
Good to see you again Neuton Mouse. I agree with everything you said aswel . It's just the simple ... truth.

@ Space Aveiro

Now as you've read from Neuton Mouse it's the truth why Russians love this type of music. Of course i knew this already but good that Neuton Mouse explained it. It's all related to Yuri and Russian space exploration.
Wanna know my opinion? That's shallow and as everything people only think of themselves and darn with everybody else. All topping each others posts to see who's the winner as i seen on facebook. All attention seekers ... you want to know my opinion? Sad.
then of course you have Laserdance ,Koto , Rygar ... etc Michiels projects kinda created a 'scene' which we know nowadays as 'Spacesynth' . I love the old music but this stuff is like beating a dead horse. Same with everything else. I just limit to listen and make music for myself and i dont care about nobody elses opinion. Why? Don't need public acceptance . I'm not here to 'please' people. I make music because i love it and do it for myself. I'm not a sold out like others. Want an example ? Chris van Buren. He's constantly asked in youtube to cover this and that and he does it. Lots of fans ? Yea maybe. Subscribers. Maybe. Do i care? Nah. Just another one latching on laserdance and so long stuff. Face it man , it's cheap trick. Why not getting the 80s sounds and be yourself in the spacesynth? Obviously some laserdance can be brought up because that's the synthpop of the time anyways and if you look at it ,it has roots in disco music. But latching on laserdance and that specific style is just... typical. But i like most of the artists anyways and Italo4Ever is brilliant music imo.
I like many artists of today and i'm not 'noob' regarding this music i've made 4 albums this year and Apoxys was made last year before christmas because i didn't want to overshadow the Space Holidays because it always comes out in Xmas time. So on what regards spacesynth music i know pretty much what i'm talking about. Of course that i produce in other genres. I don't limit myself to just 'that sound' , genres and stuff. I'm a musician for christ's sake! It's good to open your mind to other types of music and learn just as i did on spacesynth. My goa music became even better. Totally ace at it. Why? Spacesynth is way harder to compose. It requires musical knowledge and there no cutoff trick. I also love making chiptunes. This Bithead album was made many years ago , i decided to remaster it because its a real good combo of psytrance goa and chiptunes. A hybrid project per say.
I love all music and whatever releases will be out laserdance or not i'll be looking forward to it.
And as for goa trance , yea i love the music , i always had and have! Couldnt give a toss about them ravers nowadays and whatever they might do. I'm not involved in their 'parties' etc. I was always and im just in for the music because ... I LOVE IT Very Happy

Post Post #24946
I also want to add :
you know what space synth needs?
QUALITY.
Look at Everdune's music... do i need to say more?
These peeps need to stop making and taking their easy way up to the red carpet of fame by copying and covering laserdance and company.
Quit it it's cheap shyte.

By the way , love this track by Retrosynther - Raising Hell.
It can sound bit like laserdance (which is understandable because it's 80's synthpop , and lets not forget this also had and has strong roots in demo scene , specially the Amiga computer trackers and stuff) but i think it has a lot of potential it's pretty neat spacesynth track with eurodance chord feel and some laserdance influence. But listen to it and make it out yourself. As for me i love it. I think it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=508pGQTeB3w

Post Post #24949
1. All this talk about the death of the Spacesynth style is like:
Quote:
"The dog barks, the caravan moves on .."

--------------------------------------
2. Philip, if you have already realized that it is necessary, as a small business-just write good music ... everything;)
3. In my opinion, the recent very weak compositional work. It is not enough just to composers.
Well, there is no commercial support.
Although now I wonder why the same Retrowave(Synthwave), there is a lot more fans. I'm not talking about trance ...trance on the order of popular ...

Post Post #24950
indeed, commercial support does raise composer morale,but improving musical quality need more than just commercial support alone!

i still expect to see more space caravan like Everdune,Electron shine brightest among starry dark space,but i just feel sad for reality!

Pho,Banh mi,Ha Long Bay...

Post Post #24951
It's not about the composers.
Advertising the engine of progress. This is basic marketing ...
------------

Post Post #24952
SpaceAveiro wrote:
1. All this talk about the death of the Spacesynth style is like:
Quote:
"The dog barks, the caravan moves on .."

2. Philip, if you have already realized that it is necessary, as a small business-just write good music ... everything;)
3. In my opinion, the recent very weak compositional work. It is not enough just to composers.
Well, there is no commercial support.
Although now I wonder why the same Retrowave(Synthwave), there is a lot more fans. I'm not talking about trance ...trance on the order of popular ...

Well sort of man , spacesynth is not dead i can assure you that.

You are right for a small business like mine all it matters is writing good music , and specially i make it for myself i dont bother if it sells out or not. I might come up with new space synth again anyways.

As for your last ... synthwave has more fans because of the music style i suppose. It's more 'technical' advanced or something , it's more appealing to the new 'kids' i think. It's easier to compose too because it doesn't require massive technical musical arrangement if you compare it to spacesynth.
As for commercial support on spacesynth , well i tried and still do along with a couple of friends and guess what?Nobody buys the music. It all goes down to piracy ->>> russians , i can prove this i can track where people come from. Same goes for goa trance , piracy -->> russians. I don't mind least people get to listen to the music but for some it can be very de-motivating to stop composing this type of music specially for people that are trying to make a living out of their own music.
And there's no commercial support because most spacesynth artists decide to go indie. It's not nobody's fault. Too many problems in this scene in the very past as i got told with hypersound records creating fake fan account and so on. Sad. Anyways i hope more spacesynth will come up because i really love it. About me , I'll try and compose new spacesynth in the future but it just doesn't sell which is too bad. Even Laserdance is struggling with their new album which i doubt is new tracks. I bet that Erik had loads of leftovers in his shelve and decided to release them with Michiel. That's as typical , clear and simple as it goes.

Post Post #24953
SpaceAveiro wrote:
It's not about the composers.
Advertising the engine of progress. This is basic marketing ...
------------

Spacesynth is not united. It's everyone on it's own . It's a sparse scene . One here one there... Hard to get it all together and i'm not gonna believe in such thing anyways else i would be lying to myself.
We tried to promote but spacesynth hardly sells. There are a few people sure. But most want quality for free and that **** ain't happening around here. Want quality? Sorry you have to pay for the many spent hours programming synths , music , structuring ideas and many other things. Do you expect to watch a movie without money? Sure goto pirates. But what if it is a real good movie that you liked? Support the people involved that's what i do. Google Gods of Egypt movie was massive criticized and bashed by everybody and i loved it. There are many other cases in music / movie industry. What did i do. Bought the DVD. Sadly enough the producer of the movie , so i heard , is not going to make more because of the stupid critics saying the movie was ''white washed'' which is complete bullshit , there was a black actor... all this what did it cause? Studio money loss. See my point? Anyways i thought it was amazing movie which it was. I love the egyptian , greek mythologies and many others and it was brilliant. The producer apparently ''apologized'' because of the ''whitewashing'' which i think it's completely stupid it's only a **** movie.
Anyways but that's how things are in the industry. And sadly enough there's the other counterpart of all labels trying to override and muffle each other aka competition. The stupidity of what goes around comes around. Silly.
It recently happened in a psyforum that one person that bought all my discography registered in the forum and got banned for promoting my stuff. Then they deleted the big fan post to make it look like it was me. All because the owner of 'suntrip' records owns that forum aswel and it's all fabricated. Things to seem like like a kind of 'nazism/fascism' or you join us or die or some **** like that . Everything has to be the way they want it. That fan sent me an email saying what happened and i put it online anyways to prove that what they do is all fabricated against me for no reason. I worked with them in the past and they just stink apart from the fact it's really damn low going to the point of banning the fans of Good Dance Recordings just because they go praise the music in their forum. What da **** do i have to do with it? Really sad what's going on nowadays on the music industry. Seems to me it's a bunch of 'kids' playing with each other and trying to get as much attention as they can. **** that i'm not interested.

Post Post #24955
1. Firstly, I regret that it happened at that forum. But knowing your sometimes not rational behavior, I do not know the situation can not be answered.
You have not once get banned. And you deserve it because of their inappropriate behavior.
2. In general, we are talking about spacesinth. Piracy is everywhere, in all musical styles. Only now the recession is precisely in this style.
Pirates were 10 years ago. and 20. But if the demand was quite different. So that the pirates do with it.
3. Space has never been commercially profitable. If you want money, I think you need to look in the direction of pop music ...

Post Post #24956
SpaceAveiro wrote:
1. Firstly, I regret that it happened at that forum. But knowing your sometimes not rational behavior, I do not know the situation can not be answered.
You have not once get banned. And you deserve it because of their inappropriate behavior.
2. In general, we are talking about spacesinth. Piracy is everywhere, in all musical styles. Only now the recession is precisely in this style.
Pirates were 10 years ago. and 20. But if the demand was quite different. So that the pirates do with it.
3. Space has never been commercially profitable. If you want money, I think you need to look in the direction of pop music ...

What inappropriate behavior? I deserved it for the fact i'm bipolar and wasn't medicated? Thanks that's very nice to know of you. And You tell me what did i do just now? What does that has to do with the fact of banning my fans off their forum when they done nothing wrong ?? Not my fault their forum is filled with junkies and **** drug addicts! Why do you think this stuff is big in belgium?? Coincidence? I don't think so. Plus their label is based in belgium so that explains it all . One is french other is a belgian grownup kid that never got any reason up in his head. All for fame and fortune. I call it Fascism/Nazism. Whatever is not their label gets erased deleted and so on and those that are there with other goa labels they are stabbing and rubbing each others backs much like European politicians do. Then this big label owner when fights arise claims 'Unity'. How false is that? Silly stupid games all in their own ignorance and self interest. Why do you think we , the british got out of the EU?

As for me i only make it because i always loved the music , i've traveled and performed in many events throughout the world. Sweden , Belgium countless times , Israel , Portugal... But i've seen it all so i lost interest in getting my feet on the dirt plus they are very dodgy people not paying the artists after their performances constantly giving excuses that the event didn't give enough money or the 'party' aka Rave got busted by other problems. Police intervention , blown up speakers , gear and many others. As for the music , yes i still love it that's why i make it . As for the rest , they don't deserve it they haven't got quality and i'm not interested in their 'raves'. I'm a musician and that's what i do. Good luck to the new ones out there because they be out for a massive deception.

I know piracy is everywhere blablablablabla... demand goes for everything else. People think that they can get everything for free. Good luck with that.

As for your last sentence Spacesynth IS SYNTHPOP! Plus dude here's another fact : doesnt matter what kind of music you come up , you can even sing and dance on it nobody gives a ****. You wanna be big you do what they all do on TV. Corporate Sellouts. It's all about image. It's not even about the music anymore. Do I need to say more?

This person bought my entire discography and this is how they deal with it :

somehow a tiny wee voice whispers ... : jealousyyyyyy.. Very Happy

Post Post #24957
KoolKool wrote:
indeed, commercial support does raise composer morale,but improving musical quality need more than just commercial support alone!

i still expect to see more space caravan like Everdune,Electron shine brightest among starry dark space,but i just feel sad for reality!

yes thats true. it boosts morale but i mean... da hell needs morale anyways when you love the music you make??
Nothing can stop you from it. But ofc you will be disappointed when your music is barely makin it out-there (ex.corporate sellouts). Good music doesn't sell much anyways and i never count on anything lol Very Happy . Most people are shallow and just go after it because someone else did. If it's not that it's because it's some band with some 'big' stupid ass name.Simple as that.It's not easy to find people that REALLY LOVE YOUR MUSIC! Most can talk but its just talk you know... they can all come and say they love me and my music but that won't reflect **** in my sales department so **** it. And same goes for the haters. Won't change a thing.

As for Everdune : he's gone . He's amazing person but hes been through a lot and decided to live his life with his family. much love to him. Electron made some brilliant stuff aswel thats for sure. Anders Lundqvist left this scene due to all the stupid dramas ,corruption ,backstabbers and **** gossip that corrupted heads in this scene. That proves it. Get over it . F0ck it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Access Panel
Jump to: